Build 184.108.40.206. This patch focuses primarily on compatibility issues related to performance, game controllers, and stability.
This patch will be applied by Steam automatically when you next start the game. If your game does not update, please restart the Steam client. If your game does not start properly after downloading this update, please verify the integrity of your Steam game files.
For those having issues with their controllers, we have also provided a guide found here: https://steamcommunity.com/app/750920/discussions/0/1734339624806450129/ ) related to some Steam settings that influence controller behaviour.
- A variety of fixes for issues that could cause framerate stutters on specific PC setups.
- Added warning message for when the game does not have access to the ‘Documents’ folder to write save data.
- One common reason for failures is Windows Defender ‘Protected Folders’ feature. If you have problems with your game not being saved, please consider disabling ‘Protected Folders’.
- Changes to make Exclusive Fullscreen more robust. This specifically relates to problems that occur when other applications or tools like overlays hook into the game.
- For best stability we recommend that you play without enabling any 3rd party tools that influence the game.
- Added native support for PS4 controllers connected to your PC via Bluetooth.
- When using Steam Input:
- Game now provides default configurations for Xbox, PS4, and other controllers.
- Updates to Steam Controller configuration.
- Rumble support for Steam Controller.
- Changes to ensure BitDefender and other AV products are less likely to block the game.
- A variety of smaller fixes related to functionality, performance, and stability.
While we expect this patch to be an improvement for everyone, if you do have trouble with this patch and prefer to stay on the old version we have made a Beta available on Steam, Build 230.8, that can be used to switch back to the previous version.