This patch focuses on critical issues users ran into immediately following early access availability.
- Steam Controller support (and the use of the Steam controller configuration UI) now has to be explicitly enabled in the gamepad options menu.
- This is intended to not have it interfere with the native Xbox 360, XboxOne and PS4 controller support, no matter how Steam is configured.
- We recommend leaving this option disabled unless you intend to use the Steam controller.
- For users using SteamLink, please refer to the fix provided here at step 8 of ‘first things to check’: https://steamcommunity.com/app/750920/discussions/0/1742220290366130593/ .
- Some improvements to photo mode camera control, including bugfixes for when axis-inversion is being used.
- Fix for a helicopter getting stuck in place at high framerates.
- Fix for a texture issue encountered on some machine / setting combinations.
- Improvements to stereoscopic 3D rendering.
- Fix for a problem where the camera could unexpectedly turn away when Lara hangs on a ledge.
- A variety of smaller fixes related to functionality, performance, and stability.
While we expect this patch to be an improvement for everyone, if you do have trouble with this patch and prefer to stay on the old version we have made a Beta available on Steam, Build 230.6, that can be used to switch back to the previous version. You can access this by right-clicking on Shadow of the Tomb Raider in your game library, selecting ‘properties’ then navigate to the ‘Betas’ tab. Select the previous build from the Beta drop-down menu.